Summer is approaching so that means it is going to be way too hot to keep this head of hair straight. With all the summer fun planned, the last thing I want to worry about is my hair. I also wanted a fast and easy way to style my hair. With that said, I decided to share my wash-and-go curly hair routine.
Check the video out below for a tutorial!
I absolutely LOVE the results. My hair is super soft and touchable. NOT crunchy, like from gel based products.
Finally, here are a few of my holy grail rules for curly hair in the summer
- I always avoid direct heat (i.e. from a flat iron). With the humidity, my hair will just end up as a big frizz ball. So why put my hair through the torture of a flat iron?
- I leave my conditioner in my hair. It makes my hair super soft and gives me some really nice definition. I absolutely LOVE this conditioner.
- When my hair is really dry, I use just a small amount of coconut oil on my ends.
- Stay AWAY from anything that has silicones in it. Silicone based products just leave a coating on your hair and can lead to breakage.
- Finally, summer sun means summer heat. When you have a lot of hair, that summer heat can surely make you sweat. I do not wash my hair every day. Instead I wash my hair 2-3 times week, and only with conditioner. I wash my hair with shampoo once a month and that is to get rid of any buildup. However I find that washing my hair with conditioner usually cleanses my scalp pretty well without drying it out.
I hope this helps some of you curlies out there!